1. Which of these types of marketing delivers the highest ROI?
a) Content marketing
b) Email marketing
c) Search engine marketing
d) Social media marketing
2. The characteristics of a successful email communication are:
a) Relevancy and detailed reporting with a lot of text
b) Relevancy, concise text, and planning
c) Planning and automating text with no personalization
d) Planning the time with no additional proofreading of the text and links
3. What is the first step when starting with email marketing campaign?
a) Set up goals
b) Generate leads
c) Sell products
d) Send an email
4. How is click-through rate calculated?
a) (Total clicks or unique clicks ÷ Number of delivered emails) * 100
b) (Number of people who completed the desired action ÷ Number of delivered emails) * 100
c) (Number of bounced emails ÷ Number of sent emails) * 100
d) (Number of clicks on a forward/share button ÷ Number of delivered emails) * 100
5. What to avoid when conducting an A/B testing of a campaign?
a) Testing the subject line only
b) Testing two types of CTA
c) Testing several things at a time
d) Tracking the results
6. Lead scoring is:
a) The process of generating leads
b) The process of adding numeric value on a lead
c) The process of tracking leads
d) The process of updating a mailing list
7. Which of these is one-to-one type of an email?
b) Lead nurture
c) Digest email
d) Sponsorship email
8. Which of these is not the best practice for a mailing list?
a) Buying emails
b) Attracting subscribers with a premium offer
c) Obtaining permission to send an email
d) Getting to know subscribers through a form
9. What can help you target your emails better?
a) Lead generation
b) Email deliverability
c) List segmentation
d) Bounce rate
10. When there is a temporary delivery failure for an email address this is known as:
a) Blog update
b) Exclusive access
c) Soft bounce
d) Hard bounce
11. Some of the criteria for mailing list segmentation are:
a) Soft and hard bounce
b) Click-through and conversion rate
c) Digest, sponsorship and dedicated email
d) Language, location, campaign activity, past purchases
12. When designing a subscribe button for your website, you should pay attention to:
a) Size, color, and position
b) Size and color
13. Strategies for growing a mailing list are:
a) Offering something in return for an email and having a subscribe button
b) Tracking bounce and conversion rate
c) Mailing list segmentation
d) Mailing list update
14. Elements of good formatting are:
a) Addressing the subscribers directly
b) Having a short text
c) Avoiding words that could trigger spam filters
d) Using paragraphs, proper capitalization, and punctuation
15. Which of these is not a characteristic of an effective subject line?
a) Descriptive, relevant and engaging text
b) Concise subject line
c) Use of words like discount, free, here
d) Tested with A/B testin
16. If you want to improve an email, you should not:
a) Ask for a feedback
b) Hold a high standard
c) Send an email without a permission
d) Make subscribers feel special
17. What is email deliverability?
a) The ability to deliver emails to subscribers’ inboxes.
b) The ability to send emails to subscribers’ inboxes.
c) The ability to convert subscribers into buyers.
d) The opportunity to grow your mailing list.
18. What is spam?
a) The ability to deliver emails to subscribers’ inboxes.
b) It is an unsolicited email, sent without the recipient giving prior consent to be on the mailing list.
c) The process of sending one-to-many emails, such as a newsletter, a dedicated email, etc.
d) A list of people who subscribe to get notified via email updates.
19. Why is the open rate considered a less reliable metric?
a) Because it does not show conversions.
b) Because it interferes with tracking bounce rate.
c) Because it does not show unsubscribe rate.
d) Because an email is considered open only when the images embedded are loaded, and the loading of images is usually disabled by default.
20. A/B testing in email marketing is the process of:
a) Testing several emails at once.
b) Segmenting the mailing list.
c) Encouraging subscribers to click on the CTA in the email
d) Comparing two variations of an email
21. Which of these cannot be tested in an email campaign?
a) Subject line, CTA, and body text
b) Sign-up button on the home page of your website
c) The use of visual elements, such as images, videos, etc.
d) Personalization, localization, and CTA
22. What is lead nurturing?
a) The process of generating leads through your website
b) The process of developing a relationship with subscribers
c) The ability to engage the users
d) Tracking and analyzing different metrics
23. Which of these is not a stage in the sales funnel?
a) A/B testing
b) Brand awareness
24. What is the campaign URL builder?
a) Google’s tool for creating trackable URLs
b) Type of an email campaign
c) A segment in Google Analytics
d) A well-known spam trigger
25. Lead nurturing tactics include:
a) Word count, choice, and order
b) Subject line and CTA
c) Lead generation and affiliate marketing
d) Targeted content and lead scoring
26. How to track conversions with Google Analytics?
a) Compare organic and paid reach
b) Use a filter to exclude certain hostnames
c) Use an advanced segment to filter sessions based on the medium
d) Use an additional tool
27. Why is it important to track conversion?
a) To calculate ROI and improve results
b) To get ideas for content marketing
c) To calculate email forward rate
d) To gain new subscribers
28. Which of these is not a tactic for increasing conversion?
a) Inspiring CTA
b) Engaging subject line
c) Landing page that converts
d) Using spam filters
29. Which of the features are not provided by email marketing apps?
a) Segmentation, automation, and A/B testing
b) Email templates and optimization tools
c) Tips on writing content for your blog
d) Auto-responders and analytics
30. What is email automation?
a) The process of using software for automating a certain type of tasks.
b) The process of generating leads through your website.
c) The process of adding numeric value on a lead.
d) The process of sending one-to-many emails, such as a newsletter, a dedicated email, etc.
31. How to avoid spam?
a) Monitor the open rate
b) Have an all capitals subject line
c) Have permission to send an email
d) Send from different domains
32. What can a bounce rate indicate?
a) That your CTA is not working
b) That your subject line is not effective
c) That your mailing list is outdated
d) That your emails take to long to load
33. To measure the conversion rate you will need:
a) To have the forward rate as a reference
b) To use web analytics and trackable links
c) To follow best practices and guidelines
d) To have conversion rate above 10%
34. Email marketing automation is based on:
35. Email marketing automation can:
a) Completely take over the communication with the clients
b) Save time and keep you organized
c) Create exclusive content for the subscribers
d) Generate new leads
36. When is abandoned shopping cart email triggered:
a) When someone adds products to the cart and completes the purchase
b) When someone adds products to the cart and does not complete the purchase
c) When your system detects a recurring customer
d) When someone buys a product on sale
37. A welcome email can be triggered:
a) By a purchase
b) When someone unsubscribes
c) When someone subscribes
d) When a new blog post is published
38. Mobile-friendly email means that the email is:
b) Accessible via mobile devices
c) Accessible via desktop
39. When optimizing emails for mobile, you should not:
a) Use optimized images
b) Have short subject line
c) Use multi-column design
d) Adjust the size of the CTA button
40. Some of the best practices for designing a mobile-friendly landing page include:
a) Responsive web design
b) Several CTAs on one page
c) Using unusual formatting
d) Thinking about spam filters
41. To automate email marketing tasks, you will need:
a) A tool
c) A filter
d) A blog
42. Which of these is not the main goal of email marketing automation?
a) More sales opportunities
b) Increasing social media followers
c) Reduce the sales funnel
d) Minimize the lost sales opportunities
43. When optimizing an email for mobile users you should:
a) Use responsive design
b) Use segments in Google Analytics
c) Embed a lot of high-resolution images
d) Try to reduce the sales funnel
44. How to find optimal time for sending an email?
a) Improve email design
b) Explore the statistics of the previous campaigns
c) Always send on Monday
d) Add a long subject line
45. Which stage of the sales funnel has the greatest number of users?
a) Brand awareness
46. Which of these is not email marketing metric?
a) Click-through rate
b) Conversion rate
c) Image to text ratio
47. One of the strategies for email personalization is:
b) Tracking all the important metrics
c) Using the same template for all the campaigns
d) Addressing the subscribers by their name
48. A good email does not have:
a) A strong CTA
b) Noticeable links
c) An unsubscribe option
d) Unusual formatting and lots of images
49. Email CTA buttons are designed as:
a) Soft and hard CTAs
b) Relevant and irrelevant
c) HTML and an image
d) HTML and a subject line
50. What are some of the metrics you should monitor to evaluate the performance of the email marketing campaign?
a) Click-through rate and conversion rate
b) A/B testing and HTML
c) CTA and links
d) Triggers and filters